Another day another $10/hour.
I have now moved on to working as a receptionist at a real estate company. Said real estate company provides employees who request free housing. We all know where I’ll be trying to wiggle my way into.
But seriously, these people have some big bucks. The office is located in a very nice, very exclusive and trendy part of Manhattan [and a convenient 10 minute commute from my apartment] and unfortunately for me they are not looking for new hires, but anyways — moving on.
While on the job I’ve compiled a list of things I do and don’t enjoy .
- I do enjoy the fact that I don’t need to follow traditional office dress rules
- If I screw up it doesn’t matter…I don’t work there
- I don’t enjoy that the person who hired me to temp, doesn’t even know who I am
- The lunch possibilities are endless – Pinkberry delivers
- I get to participate in all the office gossip with none of the guilt or nervousness associated with consequences of adding my two cents
- I enjoy getting a pacycheck
- I don’t enjoy how small it is
- I like structure
- But then again I don’t. I haven’t gotten a chance to marathon Breaking Bad in soooo long
All in all I would say things are going pretty good. I’m not tied down, I still have time to work on my site, It’s a pretty good life.
However; I still don’t have benefits.