I turned 24 not too long ago and let me just say I’m relieved. Sad of course to be getting older but relieved. Many unhappy things happened to me while being 23
- my bff moved away to LA
- I’m no longer in college
- I spent an entire year living at home
- I started the worst job ever known to man
- My cousin, and partner in crime got a boyfriend ( I’m so happy for her)
- I failed miserably at accomplishing my goals (here’s looking to you 24!)
- I lived (am still living) in the longest dry spell ever
Now although 23 sucked I am so grateful to have lived another year, and to have parents that supported me through rough times, shall I say, built me a bridge over troubled water. I’m glad my friend moved to LA, it’s what she always wanted, what we both wanted and I’m sure I’ll be joining her soon. My cousin – couldn’t be happier. it’s always a lovely thing when two souls find each other. I’m glad I graduated, obviously it was something that had to happen and as far as the job goes, I’ll be able to tell Oprah about how I suffered at that job one day when she’s interviewing me.
And if someone could give me a glass of water, or better yet dump a bucket of ice water over my head I’d be eternally grateful – I’m too thirsty.