Last week (I think, I’m not even sure what today is tbh) I went to The Netherlands. I say the Netherlands because in reality I went to Amsterdam but I don’t want to make it seem like all I did was do drugs (I did) and drink (I did). I also did some cultural stuff too!
Things I’ve learned from this trip
- It’s pretty far north, which means that even in April it’s cold
- Everyone speaks english – I saw that about Madrid and Barcelona but it’s not true. I did not encounter one single person who did not speak english. It was super impressive
- The food is amazing, like really fucking good
- It will rain almost every day, they go through 4 season days just like Ireland
- and finally out of all the places I’ve visited this reminds me most of America — haven’t decided yet it that’s a good thing or a bad thing.
Either way, I’d definitely like to come back at some point, maybe at the height of summer, because honestly, I cannot be cold anymore. I left my camera in Spain for this trip which was completely by accident esepcailly because I knew I wanted to go to the Keukenhof Gardens which are these tulip fields about 40 minutes outside of the city. Really upset about that but luckily the iphone 7 (I think that’s what I have) has a pretty decent camera.
This is Keukenhof…
Definitely follow @theshadeistooreal for more travel photos!